NVIDIA announced that the first AGX Orin modules are now available for $999 USD. These new Orin modules can deliver up to 200 Sparse TOPs!
Here’s the official blurb from the Jetson Developer forums:
NVIDIA is pleased to announce that the Jetson AGX Orin 32GB production module is available for purchase starting today. This module delivers up to 200 TOPS of AI performance with power configurable between 15W and 40W, giving you more than 6X the performance of Jetson AGX Xavier in the same compact form-factor.
Please contact your distributor to share your forecast and place a purchase order; some distributors have inventory available to ship immediately. This link will redirect to a page showing distributors for your location: https://store.nvidia.com/jetson/store/
JetPack 5.0.2 will be released August 10, 2022. This is the first JetPack 5 production release, supporting Jetson AGX Orin 32GB, Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit, and all Jetson Xavier products.
Over 30 Jetson ecosystem partners offer AI and system software, hardware, sensors, and networking connectivity products that support the new module. Partners can also help with hardware design services and custom software development for your product:
- Jetson AGX Orin Series Module Data Sheet –updated with reliability testing data
- Jetson AGX Orin Series Product Design Guide
- Jetson AGX Orin Series Thermal Design Guide
- Jetson AGX Orin Series Pinmux
- Jetson AGX Orin Supported Component List
- Orin Series SoC Technical Reference Manual
- Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit Carrier Board Specification
- Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit Carrier Board Design Files
- Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit CAD STEP Model
- Jetson AGX Orin Series and Jetson AGX Xavier Series Interface Comparison and Migration
Check out the links for detailed specs and technical information. There be a lot there.
The AGX Orin uses NVIDIAs Ampere GPU architecture. The 32GB AGX Orin has 8 Arm Cortex-A78AE CPU cores connected to 32GB 256-bit LPDDR5 DRAM. There is 64GB of eMMC 5.1 Flash Storage.
Along with the usual suspects of next generation video and audio, networking and peripheral interfaces, the AGX Orin is quite the beast. Check it out!
Note that the new JetPack 5 release should happen soon. Planning an article on how to upgrade to use the new goodness in the near future.