Seeed Studio earlier this month announced the reComputer J4012. The new NVIDIA® Jetson Orin™ NX system-on-module powers the reComputer J40. Here’s the press release.
reComputer J4012 Quick Specs
The reComputer J4012 uses a 16GB Orin NX module which delivers up to 100 TOPS AI performance. There are the familiar I/O ports:
- 4 USB 3.2 ports
- HDMI 2.1
- M.2 Key E for WiFi
- M.2 Key M for the included 128GB NVMe SSD
- Raspberry Pi compatible 40 pin GPIO Header
- 2 CSI camera slots
- RJ45 – Gigabit Ethernet
- CAN interface
- A power brick is included (12V/5A). Make sure to order an appropriate power cord for your location!
The module and carrier board is in an aluminum case with a cooling fan/heatsink. JetPack comes preinstalled.
Check out the Seeed Studio reComputer J4012 website for more details. The reComputer J4012 will begin shipping in mid-March. Pricing is $899 USD quantity one.
Over the last few years, Seeed Studio has been building up a useful set of reference and resources for assisting in computer vision and embedded machine learning on the Jetsons. Many of these resources are sourced from the Jetson community. This list includes:
- alwaysAI – For building, training, and deploying computer vision applications
- Edge Implulse – Machine learning pipeline for deploying machine learning applications
- Roboflow – Convert raw images into a computer vision model and deploy it on Jetson
- YOLOv5 by Ultralytics – Transfer learning to detect objects with a minimum of training samples
- Deci – Model Optimization
The carrier board is similar to the NVIDIA reference design. There’s a good selection of I/O. The aluminum case makes the whole device easier to work with in the real world. The case means that you can use it on a desktop. There are holes in the bottom of the case to make vertical mounting easier. That means that you can mount it on a wall or on the back of a monitor.
This opens a wide variety of use cases. Traffic management, retail, robotics, agriculture and healthcare to name a few.
There should be several variations of this in coming months. Different case colors, Orin NX 8GB versions. I would be surprised if a less expensive Jetson Orin Nano version is not released soon. Worth checking out.