JetPack 4.4 – L4T R32.4.3 is now available!
NVIDIA announces today that the production version of JetPack 4.4 is now available. JetPack 4.4 replaces the current JetPack 4.3 as the production version.
There are many upgrades and new features. Here’s the official blurb from NVIDIA:
We are pleased to announce the JetPack 4.4 production release 1 supporting Jetson AGX Xavier series, Jetson Xavier NX, Jetson TX2 series, Jetson TX1, and Jetson Nano. (JetPack 4.4 replaces JetPack 4.3 as the latest production release.)
The JetPack 4.4 production release builds on top JetPack 4.4 Developer Preview, and includes production versions of TensorRT 7.1 and cuDNN 8.0.
Along with JetPack 4.4, we are introducing a web based Power Estimator tool 2 to simplify creation of custom nvpmodel power profiles for Jetson.
Please refer to the JetPack Release Notes 1 and L4T Release Notes for additional info.
JetPack 4.4 Highlights:
- Support for the new Jetson Xavier NX module 1 and Jetson Xavier NX Developer Kit
- Support for CUDA 10.2, and TensorRT 7.1.3 and cuDNN 8.0.0
- Support for Vulkan 1.2 1 and VPI 0.3 1 (Developer Preview)
- Support for upgrading JetPack and L4T using Debian package management tool
- Support for Generic Timestamping Engine (GTE) for Jetson AGX Xavier and Jetson Xavier NX
- Support for Dynamic Frequency Scaling (DFS) for Video Image Compositor (VIC) using actmon
- SE (Security Engine) samples to demonstrate hardware backed authentication and encryption capabilities of Jetson TX2 series, Jetson AGX Xavier and Jetson Xavier NX modules.
- Utility to fuse multiple Jetson modules simultaneously
- Option to specify APP partition size on the microSD card during initial configuration at first boot of Jetson Nano Developer Kit
JetPack 4.4 components:
- L4T R32.4.3
- CUDA 10.2
- cuDNN 8.0.0
- TensorRT 7.1.3
- VisionWorks 1.6
- OpenCV 4.1
- Vulkan 1.2
- VPI 0.3 (Developer Preview)
- Nsight Systems 2020.2
- Nsight Graphics 2020.1
- Nsight Compute 2019.3
Existing installations of JetPack 4.4 Developer Preview and JetPack 4.3 can be upgraded in-place to the JetPack 4.4 production release without re-flashing the device. For more information about upgrading JetPack via the Debian package management tool, please refer to the JetPack documentation here 1.
Download JetPack…https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/jetpack 1
JetPack Release Notes…https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/jetpack/release-notes/index.html 1
L4T Release Notes…https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/secure/tools/files/jetpack-sdks/jetpack-4.4-ga/Jetson_Linux_Driver_Package_Release_Notes_R32.4.3_GA.pdf
Go check it out!
This looks great. Do you have any suggestions to use this new JP with your JetsonHacks method to boot from SSD that I installed a month ago? Your method of booting from the SSD works great and I do not want to mess things up with this new JP.
There appear to be issues with the OTA (Over The Air) updatess with the Jetsons right now: https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/jetson-xavier-nx-not-booting/141070/20
Let’s wait a little while and see if they come up with a reliable workaround before we upgrade ours.